Friday, January 19, 2007

This is your brain on Knitting.....





Oh my. Now that we are after Christmas, I would have thought I'd be slowing down. Yet there just seems to be more and more projects lining up. I never really thought I has ADD, maybe it's just a knitting thing.

Here are some of my WIP's......top left, a square for a rug knitted out of some wool given to me that is so rough I feel like my hands get exfoliated when I use it. Don't know if I'll finish this one. Next to that is the scarf out of the navy blue Regia, it just killed me to buy that, but my Dad likes PLAIN, PLAIN colors. (I don't think it's too hard to tell from the pics that I am a bit of a color snob!) There are the Father/Son socks from IK.

On the bottom we start with the Grave Robber scarf from some handspun titled as such as it has little 'skull head' beads tied into the yarn, how cool! I'm knitting it into a small basketweave pattern. (Loving my Stitchionary!) I really think I can keep this one for myself. Next to that is another yarn by the same artist ("Feral Feminine", she sells her beauties on Etsy), this colorway is called "Electra", I'm loving the light blue and black mixed with hot pink. The pattern is a really fun lace pattern that I think looks great on this bulky yarn.

Next to that is a scarf for my MIL that is knitted in a great superwash merino, a joy to work with. Though it is taking forEVER on my size 5's, that pattern is from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts", note it is in the "more than 8 hours" section. (Which is MHO is NOT a LAST minute gift!) But anyway, she loves turquoise, so I believe she will be really pleased with this.

The last thing on the right is a strip for the baby blanket I am making for my co-worker. The mitered squares are all done except one. I think I'm going to line this with fabric for more longevity.

I really need to start of my brother's scarf, his B-day is February 7th. The pattern is the Phyllotaxis (?) scarf from Knitting Nature. At this rate, I'll never get back to my sweater! Need to slow myself down. Oh, but it's so much fun, isn't it??

I'll also leave you with a sweet photo of my niece's Koala bear I knitted her for Christmas. Oh, and as you can see in the pics, I am utilizing my new Denise set just fine. How are they? Two words, LOVE THEM. But you already knew I would say that.

Namaste, Elizabeth

No comments: