Monday, November 03, 2008

Twistin' & Shoutin' on Abbey Road

It's finished!


Pattern: Twist & Shout by Robynn Weldon; published in Knitty, Fall 2008

Yarn: Classic Elite Waterlily, color #1925, Abbey Road (this is the same yarn I made David's Koolhaas out of, see last post)


Needles used: size US 7's


This was one sweater I just had to cast-on for as soon as I saw it. My LYS owner kindly said I could make one 'for the store', and I quickly agreed. She let me use this amazing Waterlily yarn, it is an incredibly soft and plush wool yarn that has these subtle color variations that I adore. The color is like a soft rose, a bit closer to red than pink. It definitely had a much 'woolier' smell to it after washing, which I like.

The actual knitting was fun and relatively straighforward, you just need to pay attention to where you are with all the shaping that is going on throughout the pattern. I decided I would get more use out of it with full length sleeves. The tops close with two buttons, one inside, held with a button loop, and a more decorative one outside. Robynn includes a link to a very smart technique using crochet to stabilize the inside neck area, to help hold up the jacket a bit. Which I needed, because this jacket got quite heavy with all 20 balls of yarn that I used!!

Overall, I'm thrilled and I think I will wear this a lot once it does it's trip to my LYS. It also looks very lovely with the fronts open, and it will never go out of style!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!!