Saturday, June 16, 2007

Back Home from Vacation


Aaahhh…..vacation. If only there could be more of them. Sydney and I had a great time visiting my parents up in Philadelphia, PA, for more than 2 weeks!! Some of the highlights were going to the Camden, NJ aquarium and the shore at Ocean City, NJ. Here's a pic of Sydney with her first fish, she was so proud! We got to see relatives and just went to lots of places and had lots of fun and ice cream. Had some quality time with both parents; Mom and I had a spa day, complete with a wonderful massage, then went fishing early in the morning with Dad, wearing his hip waders, next to 4 snakes on the Delaware River!

Some of the knitterly highlights including seeing 4 knitting shops, 2 in Philly, and 2 in Bucks County, PA. I got my new Arietta yarn! It’s Lana Grossa “Cool Wool”, 100% unshrinkable merino. This is some nice, nice stuff. The girl at the shop was making baby stuff out of it, which would be perfect, it’s that lovely. Hopefully, you all like the colors I picked out this time. I am finally happy with them. I’m just about done with the first sleeve. Already I’m learning a lot about how to keep track of increasing/decreasing with a chart, which is all new to me. I’m getting better and really examining the pattern to figure out where I need to be on the chart. I guess this gets easier with time.

I also had to start a new project, which was great knitting for the beach/pool. It’s the “Montego Bay Scarf” from the Summer IK, although for me it will be the "Ocean City Scarf". Lace, I like it! Just easy breezy knitting with a pretty hand dyed rayon boucle and my rosewood circs. http://www.interweaveknits.com/Galleries/bonus/summer_2007/montego-bay.asp

Back to work on Monday, ugh! Having a date night with the hubby tonight, it was really hard being away from him for so long. Maybe if he's lucky I'll make him that carrot cake he loves for Father's Day tomorrow. You all have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Wait a minute--that multicolor project was your *beach* knitting?! Wow!!

Elizabeth said...

Yes....although the yarn does all the color work for me. Gotta love those hand dyes.....