Monday, June 04, 2007

Up in PhillyLand....and the search for Arietta

With no hook up for my digital. You'll have to wait for the great pics I'm getting. We (Sydney and I) have been having a great time staying here with my parents. We went to a really nice aquarium in Camden, NJ, and got to see lots of sharks! It was great. You can actually swim with them there....don't know if I'm quite brave enough for that.

We went to Chestnut Hill, down in Philadelphia, a nice area for shopping. Of course I only went there because there are 2 (!) yarn shops within a couple of blocks. The first one in called "Knit With", it's the oldest YS in Philly, it's been there since 1970 (older than me!), and it's pretty small. There are some lovely yarns there, it just feels pretty cramped inside. I do have to say the owner that I made was extremely helpful and informative, he was knitting the sweetest little baby jacket. He knew what LYS are in my area, even told me which one was better than another one! Unfortunately, he didn't have the yarn I needed for Arietta. He had some beautiful egyptian cotton for $9.99 for 109 yds., but I would need about 17 skeins on it...yikes!

So then we wandered down to "Tangled Web". Let me tell you, this is a great yarn shop. The two people who worked there that day were just great, very friendly and helpful. The shop is big, bright and airy, the kind of shop I'd want to go have a sit 'n' knit in. Let me also tell you that I switched gears. The girl who worked there was recommending this Lana Grossa yarn, I think it's either called "Cool Wool" or "Merino 2000". She happened to have two projects going with it in her bag, both were fabulous. I was sold. It is soft and light and sproingy, since it's a sport weight I'm sure I would use it in Spring/Fall as well as Winter. You'll just have to wait and see my colors, but I'm feeling really good about it this time. Arietta, here I come!!

Let's see....what else. We went fishing yesterday and I caught a decent sized Bass. My Sydney caught her first fish at 3, so she has me beat. (My first fish was caught at 4!) It's just nice to relax and be with my folks. OK, that's enough for now. Have a great week.

No comments: