Friday, September 21, 2007

Feelin' Kinda Mellow







Happy Friday. It's a gorgeous day here in the mountains, there's a breeze, the windchimes are blowing out front and the kiddo is napping. Ahhhh. Went to the playground this morning, by the library, we checked out some books. Got this really good gem that I wasn't expecting to be anything great, it's called "Knitting Today's Classics" and it was put out in 1997 by Classic Elite yarns. There's some older (obviously) Norah Gaughan designs in here and a super cute cardi I like by Deborah Newton. I love the Library. My own problem is I usually want to keep all the books I take out and there's this sinking feeling when I have to drop them in that little box again.

I'm on a yarn diet. It stinks! We really need to buy another vehicle, which we may we doing next week. Also, a house would be nice someday =;) My wrist/hand have been bugging me, so yesterday I did something I used to love doing....sew. I've been weaving, weaving, weaving in ends, ends on the two finished sleeves of Arietta, which are still not done. I also finished the 50's Lacy Shrug I posted about ages ago. The knitting has been done, I just needed to weave and seam the 'sleeves'. Boy, do I like it!! It was perfect wearing it last night with the little chill in the air.

Tried calling Tangled Web up in Philly to get the rest of the yarn for Arietta (I think buying for an UFO doesn't count on the yarn diet). Oh no!, they don't have the brown. They are getting an order in soon, and may have some them.....I sure hope so. I've spent so much on this cardigan it's pretty silly. I already know I'm going to love it when it's done, I get happy every time I see it.

Looking forward to some hiking this weekend, I'm ready for fall!!

No comments: