Monday, January 14, 2008

Progress....and a little Quick Fix







Yes, I’ve been making progress! Here is a shot of the Russian Coat’s skirt; the top section is finished, except for the collar I will add after sewing the skirt on. Now with the top I was a bit nervous, after hearing about the length of the sleeves being WAY too long. I blocked it after I had finished all but the last sleeve piece. It was way too short, so I felt confident adding that piece on. I decided to do it in garter stitch. Besides looking really cool, it’s great because I can fold back that pointy part and then it fits perfectly on my arm.

I still kind of wish I’d used the Berocco Jasper that the pattern called for, it’s just an obviously nicer yarn. Having said that, I’m still happy with the Plymouth Boku, I think it will wear well, and I really like the tweed effect. It also blends wonderfully with the Peruvia (the lighter sections). I debated for a while about using the lighter color, but I think it works.

I’ve been so good at just working on the coat; I kind of needed a quick fix. A couple of the girls at work have been wearing these cute little caps with brims, and I found this pattern: Urban Cap and found some yummy stash handspun from Yarn Ahoy, and went for it! I watched Terminator 3 and Bourne Identity while making it.

Have a great week!!!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Those are really cool!

--AlisonH at spindyeknit.com

renaissancewednesday said...

That hat is adorable - I may just have to make one for myself!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks! It was a quick knit, I recommend it!!

Knit - R - Done said...

The Norah coat turned out amazing. It really looks good on you, much better than the model!