Friday, April 13, 2007

A Kitty, A Bunny and a Small House



Yeah! I FINALLY fnished my mother in law's scarf. It's *only* 4 months after her birthday, better late than never, right?? There is no way to capture the amazing colors in this yarn. It is called Cadenza, it's a hand painted superwash merino by Colinette. Lovely, lovely to work with, would highly recommend it. The funniest thing about it is the pattern is from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" by Joelle Hoverson and I'll let you in on a little secret.....ssshhhh......this scarf took forever!! There was not a thing 'last minute' about it. Just be warned.



I've also finished up another project from the beloved "World of Knitted Toys", this time a cat. It doesn't really look anything like the pics in the book I don't believe, not sure why, but this is what I got. The yarn is Knit Picks Merino Style, which was perfect for this project. Sydney has already named the kitty Alissa!


I'll leave you with a couple pics of the Biltmore House, which is here in Asheville, NC. I had the opportunity to go there a couple weeks ago with some friends. Every time I see it, it still takes my breath away.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Your little girl is adorable! And I had to laugh at the "house" part of the name of that place. Uh huh, I think I'll just play Bill Gates and mosey on in there, let's pull up the moving van to the back door there, yessirreebob. And I love your knitting pictures!