Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Monkey for Me!




At least half of a monkey. I finished my first sock, or I should say, the first sock I knitted "correctly". The pattern is of course, called "Monkey" from the Winter 2006 Knitty: http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter06/PATTmonkey.html


Now I'm going to be a good girl and cast on for the second one so I don't get the dreaded second sock syndrome.

It's so funny now how I look at knitting patterns. There has definitely been a progression from the 'knit it now, knit it fast' stage into the 'wow, this is great, it will take FOREVER to knit this!!' stage. Now that I've mastered the cable (tee hee, not really), I'm looking for more cable complex patterns. And I also have to admit that I'm actually becoming intrigued with colorwork. That's because I found the most beautiful book, which you can see here: http://www.wolleunddesign.de/Bucher/poetry_in_stiches/poetry_in_stiches.htm .
Even is you are not interested in colorwork at all, you simply must appreciate these designs, they are very inspiring.

Currently, I am working on the Wicked sweater (link is in a previous post), the assymetrical tank from Norah Gaughan's "Knitting Nature", and the dreaded scarf that is taking way to long for the MIL. (Oh, yes, and of course I'll be casting on for the other Monkey sock! Yes I will....)

Have a great Sunday!

No comments: